Saturday, December 31, 2011
Anyway- my point is, I know, it's taking me a while to get to it, but I have one. My point is I found something amazing that you all should try.
It's called J.R. Watkins natural apothecary hand and body lotion in the scent Aloe and Green Tea. Im not going to lie, the first thing that attracted me was the retro looking packaging! Moving past my shallowness, It's 97.8% all natural which I love ( you can actually read all the ingredients on the back) and not tested on animals! The scent I picked up is delicious, warm but fresh an clean at the same time. Plus you all know I'm a sucker for anything with green tea.
Best of all, it was only $11 and works on dry skin like a charm with zero greasy residue. It's light but very softening. You can put it on and put your fave shirt on after without worry!
Total win in my book! Have you tried? Will you pick it up?
Friday, December 30, 2011
Thursday, December 29, 2011
I first decided, NO! I absolutely do not need it. I love my first one and this is basically the same and just no. I was also a little mad they raised the price on this one. Capitalizing on success huh? I guess I don't blame them... But still!
Then I felt myself wavering and what do you know, low and behold, two weeks later I ordered it. Well what do I think?
I think I have not used my original naked palette in 3 weeks! I like the 2nd so much better. I might be biased because I love when palettes have a great black shadow in them.
Also, some of the colors in Naked 2 are just becoming HG's for me. Hello Busted and snakebite!
This palette leans a tad cooler than the original but not too cool. As I am a warm lover! Additionally the packaging is SO much better.
So do I think you need both!? Not really! But is it nice to have both? Yes! An even better yet- if you dot have the first, definitely get this one!
Did you get Naked 2? Do you love/hate? Would love to hear!
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
I know, I have been a terrible blogger. However, I am going to make it up to you all and regain your faith in me as a blogger! Yes, it's true, I promise!
My New Years resolution is to blog every day in the month of January (and for the rest of this month). I have so many product reviews and things to share with you. Although I will admit some posts will be photo's of things I love.
For now I will leave you with a picture from my vacation on the beach as I fly from Palm Beach back to NYC.
Miss you all, thanks for sticking with me!
Sunday, November 13, 2011
You know that I am a Tom Ford FREAK! I absolutely love him and I love what he did for Gucci! In my eyes, the man can basically do no wrong. However, his last beauty launch left me somewhat disapointed. I bought 2 lipsticks, Vanilla Suede and Blush Nude, which I happened to love but that was it. It was somewhat lackluster. This time around he really expanded the range and I was very excited to try some products.
I am going to talk about one of the Tom Ford products that I ordered. I am going to talk about the Lip Lacquer by Tom Ford as this is the product I have gotten to wear for a few days now. I also ordered the Shade and Illuminate Contour and Highlighter but I haven't worn enough to review yet. Look for that probably at the end of the week.
Okay lets get to the product, to put it simply... I LOVE IT. I will re-purchase this over and over and over.
According to Bergdorf Goodman "Tom Ford's opulent lip accessory: a clear gloss that lacquers lips with precious pulverized pearls, creating a reflective shine and a lavishly soft feel. Use on bare lips for a polished, sophisticated look or layer over Tom Ford Lip Color for a deeply sultry sheen."
I would have to agree with this statement, this is EXACTLY what is does. It is clear with a gorgeous sheen using crushed pearl pigments. It is NOT sparkly, I feel like my pictures are a bit misleading and look a touch sparkly, but the gloss isnt. It is shimmery and gives a gorgeous sheen... NO sparkle, trust me!
The gloss itself is smooth and soft with NO stickiness. I really like that, I have very long hair and long hair plus sticky gloss just equals an annoying disaster (especially in NYC where the wind whips around the buildings like no ones business).
Okay, on to the good stuff...
|Here is the packaging, a simple elongated plastic squeeze tube, which i quite like. I love squeeze tubes because they are light and easy to stick in pockets.|
|Product swatch on my hand, very hard to capture the true essence of it. Here it looks sparkly but it really isnt, the flash reflects the pearl pigments.|
|Excuse the bad quality of the picture, but here it is on my lips with nothing else. It creates a very healthy looking sheen with a very slight shimmer. I have been wearing this alone but would be GORGEOUS over any lipstick color.|
You can buy here at Bergdorf Goodman. It retails for $30, which is pricey but not out of this world expensive.
Will you try the Tom Ford range?
Monday, October 31, 2011
When I got wind of the Sephora Friends and Family there was nothing I REALLY needed. I know, that is just a shocking statement from me. However, being the beauty addict that I am I knew I needed to take advantage so I decided to browse Sephora.com (always the beginning to a terrible event for my credit card). I hadn't really had a look at the NARS line since I have had a few disappointments with them as of late( the Easy Lover lipgloss and their eye pencils) so I wansnt hip to the new holiday line.
Well well well, what do you know, I fall in love with the Arabian Nights Eye Palette, such sparkly gorgeousness. But is that enough? Lets see!
As you can see in palette is is just beyond gorgeous! Love at first sight, and if you are a long time reader you KNOW that I love me a good black smokey eye. When I swatched with my fingers, it was beautiful, dark, rich, sparkly pigment. However, when I transfered to my hand for a swatch it fell short.
That kind of dissapointed me, but you can work around this with a good sticky base and a flat brush that you pack on the color with, dont brush or sweep on. Pack, pack, pack!
Overall, I think its a great palette for the holidays, the colors are magnificent but will take a bit of finese!
Thursday, October 20, 2011
I went for lunch today and as I was leaving, Bloomingdales just happen to catch my eye...Shocker! I know! Anyway, my best friend and I decided to just wander through to take a look and NOT BUY ANYTHING. Well we all know how that ol' story turns out.
|LipSilk, Bare Naked Lipgloss, Smokey Neutral Eyeshadow Palette, Cream Eyeshadow Stick in Steel|
|Smokey Neutral Eyeshadow Palette|
Thoughts? Comments? Complaints?
Monday, October 10, 2011
Anyway, I wandered into Sephora today and I saw MAGNETIC NAILPOLISH! I didn't pick it up because I wanted to come home and look into it. It looks pretty cool, very interesting concept.
I found this video on Sephora's You-Tube channel. Watch it here and let me know what you think!
Has anyone tried this out yet?
Monday, September 12, 2011
Monday, September 5, 2011
Anyway, check out some of J.Crew's newest gems! I am especially loving the Lulu Frost Deco stack-able bangles. Very fun!
I might need to make that black ice cube ring mine!
Are you loving?
Saturday, September 3, 2011
Thursday, September 1, 2011
Monday, August 29, 2011
After the Hurricane (and even before it) the temp started to drop and you can feel that slight chill in the air. Most people are upset by this, not me! I love fall. I love everything about it. I love the chilly weather, the smell in the air, the changing of the leaves and most of all fall fashion! Give me the jeans, the leather, the fur and the boots!
Latley I have re-fallen in love with Kate Moss and am drawing major fall inspiration from here. Check out some of my fave photos.
Do you love Kate as much as I do?
Thursday, August 4, 2011
Rachel Zoe and founders of Exude Diane Breidenbach and Laurence Mille were at The Plaza hotel in NYC to promote new lipsticks that were created by Rachel. They have a unique applicator. A clear, crystal applicator bullet shakes things up by releasing a single-dot serving of elastic gel color with just a twist of the tube. This cleverly ensures that your lipstick won’t wear down into some strange, shapeless mound, and that the surface will stay crisp. You can see the cream (or gloss) through the plastic and when you twist the bottom it oozes up onto the textured surface. “I have many lipstick peeves,” Zoe said. “One is it’s messy, another is when it smooshes down at the bottom of your purse. And when it’s dry and your lips are cracked? That freaks me out.” Exude eliminates the possiblity of all of the above. “You can really control the application,” Zoe said, “which is great because I’m a control freak.”
According to Refinery29, Cosmetic industry veterans Diane Breidenbach and Laurence Mille created the technology behind the shimmery, nine-shade line. Yet it was Zoe who styled the crisp, white tube packaging, which she says is a design strategy she uses for interior decorating, too. “Most of my house is modern and white inside, with splashes of accent colors that catch your eye. You can’t go wrong with that formula,” Zoe told us at the collection's launch. What's her trick for choosing a lipstick shade? “Contrast your lip color with whatever you’re wearing. Do a pale lip with a deep dress, or go bold when you’re wearing light colors,” she instructs. “And don’t do a red lip with a red dress, it clashes. Plus, you don’t ever want to be predictable.” Zoe has spoken.
Rachel's personal Obsession du Jour's include organics and loves LOTS of moisturizer. She was also quoted saying that one day she might have her own beauty line...YES!!!
Read the below interview with BellaSugar.Com
- On the importance of moisturizing: "I just think moisture is key in your skin, in your lips, in your eyes. You're never too young to start wearing moisturizer and eye creams. I'm a huge moisture advocate. Everywhere. Just lather yourself with oils before you go to bed. You have to — or you'll regret it later!"
- On what comes first, the clothes or the makeup: "I'd almost always wear a major lip with anything. I pretty much do outfit first, but I would say even when I'm in my dressed-down clothes and I'm running and doing errands — I always have a lip on. Always, always, always. I never go anywhere without lips. I just don't. I never have. I have pictures of me when I was 13 with a major lip on. I don't know why, but that's just my thing and I almost feel naked without it."
- On beauty trends she doesn't love: "I don't love too much glitter. I think that is a little trendy. I think a little bit of dust that catches the light is kind of fascinating, but when you overdo it, it's not so cute . . . I think beauty is a thing, it's so easy to have fun with, with just colors. Just go outside the box with yourself."
- On doing her own makeup line: "We'll see! I'll never say never to anything ever again because I said never to half the things that I'm doing now. So now I'm just not going to make myself look like an idiot and say — maybe! You know it would be a logical thing for me to do. Because I honestly love it and it's part of the whole process of getting dressed, and nothing fascinates me more than the complete look . . . the answer is, I'm sure that I will. I'm going to feel like I really have to, because I want to."
- On getting involved with Exude: "[Diane and Laurence] approached me with this product and the technology behind it, and I was very intrigued because I've been obsessed with lipstick since I was 10. I mean, I can't remember not wearing lipstick ever. Any time there's something new in something that I have so much of, I'm like OK — I want to hear about it, I want to know about it. So we all sat at this meeting and they presented the actual technology of it and why it was so amazing. I was skeptical, and then I was like, 'Oh my God, it's kind of amazing' . . . I road-tested the product for a while. My whole team — I have 16 or 17 women in my office now, and every single one of them tried the lipstick. We all just loved the product. It was an incredible thing to be a part of. And then I got really involved in the packaging and stuff like that. It was great. I had a lot of fun doing it. I wear it, literally, like crazy."
- On the Exude color she loves best: "I'm partial to the cranberry and the plum, and I'm really into the scarlet red. But I think right now, in the dead of Summer, I'm going to start playing with coral, and the nudes, and the browns. I honestly love them all. But I will say the cranberry is the one that never leaves my bag. Because you can apply it heavy or you can apply it very lightly."
- On what's unique about Exude: "The way it rolls up, rolls down, there's no wasted product. It's not messy. You can't get germs or bacteria in it. It can't leak everywhere. I love the texture because I'm a freak about dry lips so I wanted something very moist but not too lacquer-y."
- On products she loves: "Egyptian Magic is really a life-saver for me. In pregnancy, before pregnancy, during pregnancy, after pregnancy. I use a lot of California Baby products because they're all organic. I've been using organic for the last year, obviously."
Available exclusively here:http://www.exudelipstick.com/
Will you buy? You know I just bought the Nude color!