Anyway, I have a new obsession, as you all know I get infatuated with things from time to time, such as coral lips, pink cheeks, nude lips etc. Right now, my new thing is NAVY smokey eyes. I saw a few amazing photos and realized I need to adopt this sexy smudgy look asap. The navy keeps it from being too goth.
With that being said, I right away ordered the MAC navy greasepaint stick (along with some, okay fine, a lot of other things!) What other tools are a must have for my journey along the navy trail? I am thinking Urban Decay 24/7 in Binge or Make Up forever in 3L. I am going to head to sephora during lunch to test those bad boys OUT!
So I was inspired this morning to try this look out and this is what I came up with. Super simple and easy.
How to get this eye look:
- Start with a smudgy eyeliner, I used MAC Stylin Pearlglide. I would have liked this to look more blue, but oh well!
- Start lining all around your eye, top and bottom.
- Smudge out with a Pencil brush, finger, q-tip whatever.
- Make sure to blend all over eyelid, stopping just short of the crease.
- I topped the eyelid with Contrast by Mac, just the eyelid, dont go into crease.
- Re-line top and bottom lashes and line the water line.
- Top off with Mascara, I used Lancome Hypnose.
Thoughts on the navy smokey eye?